Expected Student Benefits
Participation in the Drug Quiz Show means having an opportunity to gain knowledge, practice skills, and enhance the self-esteem needed to make healthy decisions
regarding a variety of life issues, including the use of tobacco, alcohol, and other drugs. Students’ experiences can be expected to expand upon the assets they
already have, enhancing their individual protective factors, resulting in greater personal resiliency.
More specifically, involvement in the Drug Quiz Show:
- Facilitates learning accurate, age-appropriate information about a variety of topics including tobacco, alcohol, and other drugs
- Nurtures self-confidence and builds self-esteem
- Enhances communication and decision-making skills, including dealing with peer pressure
- Encourages goal setting and teaches responsibility and teamwork
- Fosters “connectedness” ….. with classmates, teachers, and school as a whole
- Encourages good sportsmanship and collective school spirit
- Provides opportunities for peer leadership
- Fosters increased awareness and positive interactions at home
- Emphasizes important life skills such as stress management and the value of making a difference in others’ lives by sharing what they have learned.